Current Version: 1.1.1
This is a standalone program that can display a 3d representation of a terrain grid with a texture. It takes two command line arguments:
- Grid File: A binary file that contains elevation data in short format( 2 bytes per elevation). The elevation points must be a perfect square of a number (the grid must be square). The format of the file is:
|0||4||Total number of points||Long|
|4||4||Distance in feet between two points (default 3280.84 ft = 1km)||Float|
|8||2||Elevation of the 1st point||Short|
|10||2||Elevation of the 2nd point||Short|
|2||Elevation of the nth point||Short|
- Texture File: A bitmap image that will be stretched on top the grid.
These keyboard shortcuts are available:
F1: Display help.
W, A, S, D, Arrow keys: Move camera horizontally.
HOME, END, MOUSE_WHEEL: Move camera vertically (MOUSE_WHEEL only works in full screen mode).
NUM8, NUM2, MOUSE_X: Pitch camera (MOUSE_X only works in full screen mode).
NUM4, NUM6, MOUSE_Y: Yaw camera (MOUSE_Y only works in full screen mode).
NUM7, NUM9, MOUSE_RIGHT+MOUSE_X: Roll camera (MOUSE_RIGHT+MOUSE_X only works in full screen mode).
LEFT_SHIFTalong with any movement keys: Camera moves more quickly.
LEFT_CONTROLalong with any movement keys: Camera moves more slowly.
C: Toggle the display of statistics on the screen.
Q: Toggle the display of the grid as wireframe.
T: Toggle the display of the textures.
L: Toggle the lights in the scene and casting of shadows.
INSERT, DELETE: Increases or decreases the angle of the light source, when lights are enabled (range 0° to 180°). A yellow sphere in the scene simulates the current light source when lights are enabled.
NUM5, MOUSE_MIDDLE: Reset camera's Pitch and Roll values (MOUSE_MIDDLE only works in full screen mode).
F: Toggle Fly mode or Walk mode (around 100ft above ground).
F11, ALT+ENTER: Toggle full screen.
ESCAPE, ALT+X: Exit application.
The statistics displayed when the
C key is pressed are:
- Whether textures are
- Whether lights are
- Current light source angle.
- Frames per second (FPS).
- Current Roll angle value (0° to 180° for each side).
- Current Pitch angle value (-180° to +180°).
- Current Yaw angle value (0° to 359°). Yaw angle is the azimuth as well.
- X/Y coordinates in feet measuring from the low-left point of the grid.
- Current altitude of the camera in feet.
- Elevation of the grid at the specific point the camera is at, in feet.
- X/Y coordinates in number of tiles measuring from the low-left point of the grid.